Testing and Prototyping Lab Technologist
Education： Experience：At least 3 years Number Of Hiring：
FTXT Canada is committed to developing world class hydrogen fuel cell products. FTXT has a global multicultural team with R&D centers in Shanghai, Baoding, Germany and Canada. This position is in Vancouver, BC, at FTXT’s fuel cell stack center of excellence. FTXT offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package with a culture of innovation. FTXT has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a full-time Testing and Prototyping Lab Technologist. The successful candidate will report to the Testi Engineering Lead and perform a variety of key roles within a 25-person team in 2022 growing to 50-100 people in the next 5 years.
• Data logging, entering test data and producing standard test reports.
• General laboratory cleaning and maintenance duties as required. Generate, maintain, and update engineering documentation, including standard operating procedures, specifications, flow diagrams, and test reports
• Report out to product development team on results and recommendations
• Carrying out laboratory tests on fuel cell and its components to various industry standards.
• Test station commissioning, troubleshooting, and test setup assembly.
• Test equipment operating, cleaning and maintenance.
• Test equipment troubleshooting for either mechanical or electrical systems.
• Assisting in the verification of mechanical process systems
• Development and use of advanced diagnostic techniques for evaluation of fuel cell stack & system performance and durability
• Preparation of reports for conformity assessment of the product
• Evaluation and monitoring health and safety hazards and ensuring a safe workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
• Technician or Technology diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering preferred.
• 3+ years of experience working in in both an industrial and product development setting.
• 3+ years of mechanical hands-on experience in production and/or testing environment
• Ability to learn, comprehend, and perform standard test procedures accurately and conscientiously in accordance with applicable standards
• Familiar with using Microsoft Office (including MS Excel and MS word, etc.)
• Ability to learn various calculations and operating and reporting software
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Detail oriented strategic thinker with exceptional analytical abilities and sound judgment.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize conflicting requirements in a timely manner.
• Good knowledge of structural design, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow design and selection of mechanical components is an asset.
• Strong attention to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Practical experience with mechanical and electrical systems is highly preferable.
• Previous background with fuel cells and/or fuel cell systems is highly preferable.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate in a team environment and able to work independently.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight timelines and to respond to pressing issues.
• Proactive and takes initiative.
• Acquiring driver’s licence and forklift operator training is an asset.
FTXT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Applications can be sent to email@example.com.
- Contact person: Manager Lian