Strategic Partnerships & Business Development Manager
Education： Experience：3+ years Number Of Hiring：
FTXT Canada is committed to developing world class hydrogen fuel cell products. FTXT has a global multicultural team with R&D centers in Shanghai, Baoding, Germany, and Canada. This position is in Vancouver BC at FTXT’s fuel cell stack center of excellence. FTXT offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package with a culture of innovation. FTXT has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a full-time Strategic Partnerships & Business Development Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director and perform a variety of key roles within a 25-person team in 2022 growing to 50-100 people in the next 5 years.
This role will support strategic marketing activites to identify the most promising target markets for FTXT global business. The selected target market information will be used to determine the product requirements. Based on the product requirement, technology requirements will be determined. This technical requirements information will be used to develop the product roadmap and technology roadmap.
The results of the strategic marketing activities will be used for business development purposes to increase FTXT’s Global profile in the fuel cell industry with a targeted approach.
In doing so, we will be well-positioned to assist these teams/business units with the following:
Participate in key buy/build/partner decisions with advanced lead time to fill technology roadmap gaps:
• Source partnerships and collaboration to aid in the delivery of products and services to address customer needs.
• Bridge product gaps with market-ready products provided through valued partners.
• Retain and attract customers through partners who provide new and innovative products.
• Improve and strengthen FTXT’s products ecosystem.
• Support advanced technologies development.
You will also be responsible for “Partner Enablement” responsibilities that are vital to managing the quality and sustainability of partnerships as well as maintaining and improving customer satisfaction.
These include but are not limited to:
• Partner performance management
• Customer satisfaction and retention
• Technology solution proposal
• Partner & Customer experience management
• Contract management
• Quarterly business reviews
What You Will Do
• Be able to navigate alliances and channels and grow the product features and functionality.
• Be a strategic thinker, with extensive experience navigating large and start-up organizations and partner ecosystems.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills for partner conversations, business case presentations, and contracting.
• Be detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively multiple-task in a highly dynamic work environment and fuel cell industry.
• Have excellent problem-structuring skills - understanding and simply communicating the major drivers of business performance.
• Have excellent process management skills - complex cross-company processes requiring input from multiple business, technology, and product leaders.
• Have strong creativity - identifying potential sources of upside on financial performance together with business and product leaders.
• Be able to lead teams to generate a vision and create an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views and encouraging improvement and innovation.
• Build productive and collaborative relationships with team members and proactively provide and seek guidance, clarification, and feedback.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science. Master’s degree is preferred. MBA would be an asset.
• Have at least 3 years experience in consultancy, strategic partnerships and/or business development for innovative high-tech companies.
• Expert with fuel cell components’ technologies, engineering materials development, prototyping various novel components/systems
• Experience in working for a large consultancy/global engineering or technology companies.
• Have at least 3 years of experience in working with C- Suite executives.
• Strong contract negotiation skills.
• Effective at communicating complex topics with an unfamiliar audience
• Experience moving seamlessly from strategy to execution and deliver tangible results
• Experience influencing, negotiate, build consensus, and make key strategic technology decisions
• Experience working across all layers of the organization, particularly with cross-functional teams, in a fast-paced environment
• Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and other languages would be an asset.
• Able to travel up to 20% of the time.
FTXT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact person: Manager Lian